PC Setup Guide
This page provides instructions for installing the game + tools for item name translations.※ The ISO for the game is not provided.
- AsfPCN1800.zip - This is the official offline update patch (ver188.8.131.52). (Source)
- AsukaPlus.0.9.1.0.zip - Needed for Windows 10. (Source)
- asukanocd.zip - No CD patch so you can play without the disc. (Source)
Change Language for non-Unicode programs to Japanese
- Go to Language Settings in Windows → click on "Administrative language settings" (on the right)
- Set "Language for non-Unicode programs" to "Japanese (Japan)"
Install the game
- Mount the ISO and go through the installer.
- If the installer's text looks garbled, you didn't do the previous step.
- If you don't see a mount option, you can also extract the ISO using 7zip and run the setup file.
- Game folder location: Program Files (x86) → CHUNSOFT → AsukaPC
Update the game
- Extract the contents of AsfPCN1800.zip.
- Run AsfPCN1800.exe to update the game to version 184.108.40.206.
- Extract the contents of AsukaPlus.0.9.1.0.zip.
- Move d3d8.dll and Assist.plus from the AsukaPlus.0.9.1.0 folder to the game's folder.
- AsfPc.exe is used to start the game instead of Loader.exe now - update your shortcuts!
Apply the No CD patch
- After doing the previous steps, extract the contents of asukanocd.zip.
- Move the No CD Patch Program from the asukanocd folder into the game's folder.
- Run the No CD Patch Program.
If you're missing DirectX8
- Download and install DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)
Item Name Translation※ Item name translation feature only works while you're inside a dungeon.
- AsukaTools - Tool Suite for the game which includes an item name replacement feature.
- ReplaceName.txt - Item name translations file. (Right-click → Save link as...)
- The Download link is "Ver x.x.xxx (安定) Download" at the top of the page.
- Extract the contents of AsukaTools zip file.
- Move ReplaceName.txt to the AsukaTools folder.
Enable ReplaceName in AsukaHack
- Start the game, then enter a dungeon.
- Run AsukaTools.exe → Black bar with "AsukaTools (version)" will appear somewhere on screen.
- Right-click the bar, then select "AsukaHack" to enable AsukaHack → A second black bar will appear.
- Right-click the AsukaHack bar, then select "HackType" → "Support" → "ReplaceName".
※ Once you're done playing, close AsukaHack by selecting "閉じる", and AsukaTools by selecting "終了"